Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

Capacity building by networking with our Museum

I helped the Wetaskiwin Heritage Museum with a brain storming session with ideas to write the grant proposal.  I coached and mentored tills, timeline to write the Seniors grant. The library will provide a support letter.  The library will support some of the projects of the Museum as they unfold.

I planted the seed for the Human Library at the Museum. The museum has the primary information and many of their exhibits are of international standards. I shared information about Alberta Arts Days.

Sylvia Larson, board member and volunteer at the museum advised me when I came to Wetaskiwin in 2010 to, 'Go out to people,'  That's what I did and it is a satisfying and fulfilling experience serving and working with my community. Read my service framework by visting the following page http://creatingcommunitybysharing.blogspot.com/